AAP receives fresh government funds
By Jonas Lopez in Media News on Tuesday, 22nd September 2020 at 11:28am
The Australian Associated Press (AAP) has received a new cash grant from the federal government, totaling $5m.
AAP CEO Emma Cowdroy said the money, allotted under the Public Interest News Gathering program, is programmed to support the company’s operations, especially with uncertainties under the pandemic. The cash grant is covered under a funding agreement enacted with the AAP’s acquisition by an impact investment team led by Peter Tonagh.
At the time of the announcement, the AAP was running a GoFundMe campaign with around $120K raised so far and aiming for $500K.
“The Covid-19 pandemic has triggered unprecedented challenges for Australia’s regional media sector, with severe declines in advertising revenue threatening the sustainability of many news outlets. The...
To continue reading this article...
More Media News
Insider: Petra Stock’s advice to PRs: skip the phone pitch
By Will McLennan in Media News on Monday, 18th May 2026 at 11:50am
Stop overworking journalists, says ABC CEO
By Staff Writers in Media News on Monday, 18th May 2026 at 7:41am
Upfront: Budget backlash bites, Death tax returns, Tax reform dodged.
By Staff Writers in Media News on Monday, 18th May 2026 at 6:08am
TODAY’S TEN: NEET paper trail under scanner, fuel inflation surges and more
By Staff Writer in Media News on Friday, 15th May 2026 at 3:15pm
FOURTH RIGHT: When does your social media post land you in jail?
By Pradeep Damodaran in Media News on Friday, 15th May 2026 at 3:09pm
IN PR: Hughes makes London switch
By Staff Writers in Media News on Friday, 15th May 2026 at 2:20pm
Media news latest
Marcoms news latest