Paul Kent quits Triple M
By Staff Writers in Media News on Monday, 16th May 2022 at 3:41pmPaul Kent has quit Triple M following his refusal to apologise after a heated argument on-air with his co-host Anthony Maroon, as both the parties released statements last week confirming their ways apart.
A Triple M spokesperson wished and thanked Kent for his contribution to NRL coverage.
“Events over recent weeks in relation to the incident on the Sin Bin went too far and we asked Paul Kent to offer an apology. Paul has a differing view and, on that basis, has made the decision to part ways with Triple M,” the statement said.
Kent, in a piece published to The Daily Telegraph, said that he was asked to apologise for what has happened over the recent weeks but he wasn't prepared to do so.
“On that basis I’ve made the decision to move on from my role at Triple M. We part on go...
To continue reading this article...
More Media News
Former Junkee duo launch Coping podcast and studio
By Nigel Bowen in Media News on Monday, 18th May 2026 at 1:17pm
How Neetu Singh is helping rural women find their voice through journalism
By Meena R. Prashant in Media News on Monday, 18th May 2026 at 12:41pm
Insider: Petra Stock’s advice to PRs: skip the phone pitch
By Will McLennan in Media News on Monday, 18th May 2026 at 11:50am
Stop overworking journalists, says ABC CEO
By Staff Writers in Media News on Monday, 18th May 2026 at 7:41am
Upfront: Budget backlash bites, Death tax returns, Tax reform dodged.
By Staff Writers in Media News on Monday, 18th May 2026 at 6:08am
TODAY’S TEN: NEET paper trail under scanner, fuel inflation surges and more
By Staff Writer in Media News on Friday, 15th May 2026 at 3:15pm
Media news latest
Marcoms news latest