Sally and Erica sign offBy Jonas Lopez in Media News on Wednesday, 18th November 2020 at 3:39pm
Sally Coleman and Erica Mallett have officially finished their breakfast show on Triple J.
The network announced that after almost a year running the show, the duo left to pursue other opportunities. They have been with Triple J since 2017, starting with overnight shifts.
Weekend Arvos host Bryce Mills has been assigned to take over from the duo for the remainder of the year. Triple J has yet to reveal a permanent replacement for 2021.
“Whether it’s just a song request on the text line, a call in to say hey, a story about your weekend or a dumb thing you did as a kid, I’ve loved every minute of the crazy, passionate energy that comes from the triple j audience. Thank you for everything. It’s time for me to hang up the headphones for now and focus on other things ...
To continue reading this article...
More Media News
Bryce and Ebony assigned to Triple J BreakfastBy Jonas Lopez in Media News on Monday, 30th November 2020 at 2:57pm
Triple J has chosen Bryce Mills and Ebony Boadu as the new hosts of the national breakfast show.
The duo took hold with Triple J audiences in 2020 with their substitute hostings on Triple J Breakfast and Drive.
Both of them have done some good individual work. Mills had also done the mornings and lunch hour, plus weekend arvos and is currently running the breakfast show after Sally and Erica’s exit. Boadu is jamming up the turntables on House Party. Their replacements will be announced in early 2021.
“I was in high school when I decided that I wanted to one day host triple j Breakfast. It was pretty arrogant of me to make that declaration during Maths class with absolutely no idea how I’d get to triple j, but here we are! I can’t tell you how proud and excited I am to start this new role and get to know triple j listeners on an even deeper level,” said Mills.
CIO50 wraps up a testing year for the industryBy Seamus Byrne in Media News on Monday, 30th November 2020 at 11:43am
Costello exits Triple M MelbourneBy Jonas Lopez in Media News on Friday, 27th November 2020 at 3:17pm
Seb Costello has called time on his run at Triple M Melbourne’s breakfast show.
He stated that today’s last episode with Eddie McGuire and Luke Darcy would also be his farewell to the show, and he will focus his work on A Current Affair.
Costello had been involved with Triple M for most of the past five years.
“It seems the right time to finish up with Eddie and Darce, who have both been amazing supporters. I’m so proud of the way we’ve brought a hard-news edge to FM Breakfast. But the Hot Breakfast Family - the audience - have been the stars and I will miss them dearly,” he said in a Radioinfo interview.
Clairs signs offBy Jonas Lopez in Media News on Friday, 27th November 2020 at 3:14pm
Dean “Clairsy” Clairs is ready to end his time at MIX 94.5 Perth.
He announced in today’s episode of the breakfast show that he had tendered his notice, effective 11 December, to spend more time with his family.
Clairs has been with Southern Cross Austereo for 30 years, with 20 logged at MIX 94.5. He had been on the breakfast show with Matt Dyktynski and Kymba Cahill since March 2016.
“Very few people in our industry or across the media industry get to do that. The fact that you get to say, ‘I'm done, I'm out,’” said Dyktynski of Clairs’ tenure.
Print IT! Late November 2020By Seamus Byrne in Media News on Friday, 27th November 2020 at 8:32am
Kim Bauer to exit 2HDBy Jonas Lopez in Media News on Thursday, 26th November 2020 at 3:45pm
Kim Bauer is finishing her stint at 2HD in Newcastle.
Radioinfo reported that she would make her last airing on her breakfast show with Richard King on 27 November to return to her family in WA.
Bauer is one of Newcastle’s enduring voices, having been in the community for almost 35 years. She first joined in 1979 as announcer and music director for 2NX (now HIT 106.9) and worked on NEWFM’s licence application.
She would work in NEWFM from 1991 to 1999 and from 2012 to 2017, with a co-hosting at NXFM breakfast in between.
Carrie and Tommy takes on full Hit Network Drive gigBy Jonas Lopez in Media News on Thursday, 26th November 2020 at 1:57pm
The Hit Network is tapping the duo of Carrie Bickmore and Tommy Little for the full national Drive show.
Southern Cross Austereo said Hughesy and Ed’s departure for 2DAY FM in Sydney left Hit without programs in the 5PM-7PM block. As such, Carrie and Tommy’s 3PM-5PM show will instead finish at 6PM, with highlights from The Morning Crew airing from 6PM to 7PM.
Despite Carrie and Tommy’s new assignment, Ten confirmed that the duo’s commitments on The Project will continue in 2021.
“We are thrilled Carrie and Tommy are our national drive show for 2021. When you listen to Carrie and Tommy the most obvious and appealing thing is their genuine affection for each other. They are friends who enjoy opening up their mics to deliver a show that is full of life and charm, with just the right amount of provoking each other for the entertainment of others,” said HIT Network chief Gemma Fordham.
“We know our audience love the show and want more, the