Tibshraeny lands at the NZ Herald
By Neeraja Gopalakrishnan in Media News on Thursday, 04th August 2022 at 3:55pmJenee Tibshraeny has commenced a new role as a business editor at the New Zealand Herald covering the Wellington region. 
Before beginning at the NZ Herald, Tibshraeny was a politics/economics journalist at financial news and information website, Interest.co.nz, for nearly four years.
She has also worked at Interest.co.nz for more than seven years as a business journalist and a newsroom podcast presenter for ‘Two cents worth RNZ’
Her other gigs include reporting for NZME and political news website Front Page.
To continue reading this article...
More Media News
FOURTH RIGHT:
By Pradeep Damodaran in Media News on Thursday, 19th February 2026 at 3:59pm
TODAY'S TEN News curated by Meena R Prashant
DGCA proposes swift ban on disruptive passengers
S. Vijay Kumar for The Hindu reported that the airline operators may soon be empowered to directly impose a flying ban of up to 30 days on unruly or disruptive passengers without referring the matter to the competent authority.
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has proposed amendments to the Civil Aviation Requirement (CAR) provisions governing the handling of unruly or disruptive passengers on board aircraft.
Under the proposed revision, airlines would be authorised to impose a flying ban not exceeding 30 days on passengers found guilty of disruptive behaviour during a flight. Such action would not require prior referral to the existing independent committee mechanism.
Bengaluru firm unveils two AI language models
A few months after the union government announced that India would create its own Large Language Model (LLM) such as ChatGPT and DeepSeek, the Bengal
CRN Australia launches the ‘Oscars of the Channel’ awards
By Will McLennan in Media News on Thursday, 19th February 2026 at 3:21pm
CRN’s flagship awards program - CRN Channel Awards - is coming down-under, CRN Australia announced last Thursday at the publication’s After Hours event held at The International in Sydney.
CRN Australia’s very first outing for The Channel Awards in Australia is to be held on September 17, and entries are already open.
“This is their night where we can showcase how amazing they've been and what they've done and what they've achieved throughout the year prior,” CRN Australia Editor Athina Mallis told Influencing.
Since CRN Australia’s relaunch last April, Mallis said it was always part of the plan to bring the awards to Australia.
“They're a stalwart within this community. We've had it in the UK and in Germany. [And] they launched in Asia last year in September.”
Mallis said the awards are open to anybody in the Australian IT Channel.
“We want to celebrate everyone within the channel. This is their night of nights. We want to celebrate with you.
“We
ED imposes 184 crore FEMA penalty on NewsClick
By Staff Writer in Media News on Thursday, 19th February 2026 at 1:27pm
The Enforcement Directorate has imposed a Rs 184 crore penalty under the Foreign Exchange Management Act on news portal NewsClick and its editor-in-chief Prabir Purkayastha, official sources said on Monday.
Of the total amount, Rs 120 crore has been levied on the portal’s owning company, PPK NewsClick Studio Private Limited, while Purkayastha has been fined Rs 64 crore for alleged violations, The New Indian Express reported .
The agency found the entities guilty of misrepresenting foreign direct investment funds and misdeclaring services and exports. The ED had earlier conducted raids at NewsClick’s premises in south Delhi in September 2021 as part of a money-laundering probe.
DD News Arunachal Pradesh launches ‘Mera Gaon, Meri Kahani’ citizen journalism initiative
By Staff Writer in Media News on Thursday, 19th February 2026 at 1:23pm
DD News Arunachal Pradesh has launched a citizen journalism initiative titled Mera Gaon, Meri Kahani (My Village, My Story) to bring authentic grassroots stories from villages across Arunachal Pradesh.
The programme aims to encourage residents of remote areas to share real-life narratives highlighting education, health, culture, environment, local entrepreneurship and social initiatives. Citizens are invited to submit original short write-ups, photographs and videos showcasing positive developments and community-led change at the village level.
Citizens willing to share content need to include the contributor’s name, village or town, district and contact details to ensure credibility. Text submissions should be between 150 and 300 words, while videos can range from 30 seconds to 10 minutes, The Print reported.
ABC's Sabra Lane to join Hobart newsroom
By Staff Writer in Media News on Thursday, 19th February 2026 at 1:11pm
ABC News has announced that senior journalist Sabra Lane will join its Hobart newsroom and present the Tasmanian 7PM News bulletin on Saturdays and Sundays.
Lane joins weekday presenter Guy Stayner as the faces of the flagship bulletin. She will also contribute to the state newsroom's reporting across all platforms, including analysis, features and in-depth Stateline interviews.
Lane moved to Tasmania in 2020 and until December was presenter of audio current affairs flagship AM for nine years.
Lane said: “I feel honoured to be given the opportunity to present the weekend 7pm TV bulletin as it's an important news source for all Tasmanians.
“I moved to Tasmania in 2020 because it was my dream and it's become my home. I've made many friends through ocean swimming, sketching and discovering the state, from Hobart to Boat Harbour, Binalong Bay, Orford 
The Daily Aus introduces the team!
By Tony Bosworth in Media News on Thursday, 19th February 2026 at 9:12am
In a mostly refreshing riff on the usual people-who-work-for-us section, The Daily Aus has been busy each week introducing its team members and it’s a good way to get to know them as well as offering some insight into the publishing outlet's MO.
I say mostly refreshing because it’s written for and appears on LinkedIn so it’s jaunty and gushing stuff with plenty of exclamation marks! But on the bright side, it’s an excellent way to see who is behind TDA’s success, and good for them.
This week, they focused on “multimedia superstar, Emily Donohoe”.
“Hailing from Sydney via Echuca, Em is one of those journos with the journalistic chops and gut instinct to match,” says TDA.
“She famously met one of our co-founders on the dancefloor of a festival, and the rest is history! We knew we had to have her when we realised she could write, present and host a podcast while making it all look easy. So far, she'
THE BRIEF: Gripping event races away
By Tony Bosworth in Media News on Thursday, 19th February 2026 at 6:07am
Morning and welcome to Thursday. The print edition of The Age has a busy front page today and an important local story - the loss after three decades of the major sporting event on Phillip Island, the MotoGP. The importance of that story ('Victoria loses grip on MotoGP') to the state and sports fans is underlined by no less than three journos writing that one - Hannah Kennelly, Roy Ward and Cameron Houston (with Danniela Wright joining for the online version).
Melbourne tabloid, News Corp's Herald Sun, gives the MotoGP decision extensive coverage too (and a great cartoon by Mark Wright) with Peter Rolfe and Shannon Deery penning the main story ('RACE LOSS PITS FOR ISLAND') complete with dramatic picture of motorcycle racing star Valentino Rossi racing on the island circuit back in 2019. And in a nice touch, the Sun got freelance motorcycle journalist Ian Royall to pen a Comment piece ('It's like Monaco without the F1'). Having
Media news latest
ABC News has announced that senior journalist Sabra Lane will join its Hobart newsroom and present the Tasmanian 7PM News bulletin on Saturdays and Sundays. ... Show more
In a mostly refreshing riff on the usual people-who-work-for-us section, The Daily Aus has been busy each week introducing its team members and it’s a good way to get to know them as well as offering some insight into the publishing outlet's MO. ... Show more
In today's news roundup, we have MotoGP races away from Victoria, 'It's like Monaco without the F1', '$60m blow to economy', 'Grand theft Moto', talc case goes to court, alleged spy in another court, Nine in the spotlight at News, and 'star's slurred cross' at Olympics, plus more. ... Show more
Marcoms news latest
PR experts Nick Zonnios and Lauren Hunt have teamed up to launch Zonnios&Hunt, a communications consultancy designed to streamline brand storytelling with a sharp, strategy-first approach, Mumbrella reported. ... Show more
Moët Hennessy Australia New Zealand has appointed Nausicaa Charrier as its marketing director, Mumbrella reported. ... Show more
Sling & Stone founder and CEO Vuki Vujasinovic will step down on January 1 after leading the agency for over a decade. ... Show more